Why are we supporting Relay for Life?
In 2014 we participated in this event with a team walking the track day and night in Clive. Our team have been closely affected by cancer and we were keen to take part. We were privileged to be part of many special moments of remembrance, awareness and celebration including the survivors lap and the candle ceremony. With all the various teams and entertainment throughout the event we had a great time.
We are very proud to have raised over $2,000 for this very worthy cause for our first time participating: We are setting the goal higher this year and would appreciate your support.
How can I Help?
We would welcome your support for our team "The Calculators" as we walk the track for 20 hours to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost and continue the fight back against this disease that effects so many in our families, workplaces and community.
You can support this by making a donation to the Cancer Society:
- To make a credit card donation click here, our team name and event should be selected for you - you can also select one of our team members if you wish; or
- You can send us a cheque payable to Cancer Society Relay for Life to PO Box 145, Napier; or
- You can call in and see us at our offices.
Receipts will be issued for all donations over $5.00.
Come and join us!
You are also welcome to join us during the day or night.
You can walk with our team at the Hawkes Bay Regional Sports Park any time between 1.30 pm Saturday the 28th of February to 10am Sunday 1st of March 2015. We would welcome your encouragement and the opportunity for our team to introduce themselves to you.
You can join us for a few special moments at the event. Please let us know by Thursday the 26th of February if you are going to attend so we can be sure to cater for you.
- Opening Ceremony & Survivors Lap – 1.30pm Saturday. The first lap and is walked by survivors and their carers. We have some of our team participating and would welcome your participation or support. Afterwards we will be having bubbles and nibbles at our tent.
- BBQ Dinner – at 6.30pm on Saturday night we are hosting a BBQ dinner at our tent. Come along and join us and experience the event for yourself - followed by Candle Ceremony at 8.45pm.
- BBQ Breakfast – at 8.30am on Sunday morning we will be waking everyone back up with some bacon butties at our tent. Come and join us for Breakfast and stay for the closing ceremony from 9.30am.