Putting together an induction programme for new staff doesn't need to be tricky. There may be specific elements that relate to your company that you'll need to outline, but here are some basic things you should include to get you started:
- The company's vision and mission statements.
- A basic introduction to the company, and how each particular department fits in.
- Any regulatory requirements such as payroll and bank account details, IRD forms and Kiwisaver applications.
- An introduction to terms and conditions such as holiday entitlement or how to make expense claims.
- A guided tour of the building and introductions to key members of staff.
- Any legal requirements (for example, some Health and Safety training is obligatory).
- Specific job-role training.
We have some great resources and can help you put together an induction plan. Contact us to find out more.